Posted: Thursday October, 14, 2021
New York Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association, Inc. (NYTHA)
For over half a century, NYTHA has represented the interests of Thoroughbred owners and trainers competing at New York Racing Association (NYRA) tracks – Aqueduct (S. Ozone Park, NY), Belmont (Elmont, NY) and Saratoga (Saratoga Springs, NY). A 501(c)(6) trade association, NYTHA’s mission is to provide benevolence to the backstretch community, safeguarding horsemen’s financial and political interests and supporting equine aftercare, research, and medication reform.
We are a small but dynamic organization that has outgrown our ability to share “communications.” We are hiring an experienced Communications Manager to focus on the critical responsibilities of engaging with our membership, industry partners, and promoting the benefits of the Thoroughbred industry in New York. Additionally, the Communications Manager is responsible for developing a digital and traditional media strategy designed to interest/attract new thoroughbred horse racing ownership and broaden industry exposure to a new generation of fans and potential owners.
If you love horse racing and are dedicated and ambitious, NYTHA is an excellent place to grow your career.
Responsibilities for Communications Manager
- Develop and execute a strategic communications strategy for internal and external communications
- Implement a digital communications strategy that raises awareness of the thoroughbred horse racing industry
- Manage websites and social media accounts
- Prepare Press Releases
- Membership Communications via email, text, newsletters, meetings (town halls) and seminars both in-person and online
- Responsible for creating an Annual Report
- Hosting our Annual General Membership Meeting
- Work with NYTHA Members to create organic social media content
- Work with industry to partners to ensure important information is passed along in a timely manner
Qualifications for Communications Manager
- 3+ years prior experience working in a communications role
- Proven success utilizing digital marketing tools, including social media
- Up to date on horse racing industry trends and deep knowledge of the industry
- Must be capable of working well as part of a team as well as with other key industry partners outside the organization
- Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
- Familiarity or experience working with CRM software is an asset
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- New York State Gaming Commission (NYSGC) license is required
- NYTHA offices are located at each track and the job is based at the track hosting live racing.
- Work schedule follows the Live Racing Schedule – Wednesday to Sunday, and holidays
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent Benefits Package
How to Apply
Submit resumes to: email@example.com
Please use “Communications Manager Job” in the description.
No phone calls, please.
NYTHA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.