Kathy Locke, who has served as Director of Customer Service for the Daily Racing Form and as Marketing and Special Events Manager for NYRA, joined the NYTHA in the newly created position of Membership Services Coordinator in June of 2019.
“We are excited to have Kathy join our team,” NYTHA President Joe Appelbaum said. “Our members will now have a dedicated resource at their disposal. Whether it is helping secure hospitality options at the track or assisting a trainer with sourcing a cheaper insurance policy, Kathy will be a great value for our members as they navigate the often complicated world of Thoroughbred ownership and training.”
The role of the Membership Services Coordinator is to implement and administer initiatives focused on assisting our owners and trainers, with responsibilities including:
• Primary liaison with NYTHA membership
• Managing the NYTHA “Help Desk” for owners and trainers, providing information and guidance on all areas related to participation in New York racing
• Overseeing the Continuing Education Program for trainers and assistant trainers
• Coordinating events for the NYTHA membership
• Assisting with Racing Club events
A lifelong fan of Thoroughbred racing, Locke is a resident of Brooklyn.
“I am thrilled to join the NYTHA team,” Locke said. “I hope that my years of experience in the industry, in event planning and in customer service, will benefit the New York horsemen. I am looking forward to getting started.”